Monday, July 9, 2012

State Standards & Address Labels

Have you ever been on Pinterest and had that A-HA! moment? Well my A-HA! moment was when I saw this genius idea to put my State Standards on address labels!!

Pinned Image

Source
The original poster uses this with her students but I think I will just keep it for me. I love this idea because as soon as I print off my lesson plan I can slap the corresponding standard to it and be in my merry way! I'm sure if I continue a standard from the day before I will just note that.
I think this is great because I can visually see the skills I've taught and still need to hit. It could also be a great pacing tool for some of you out there that may not have district pacing guides.

This is the last year my district will be following our own state standards - next year we will be completely implementing Common Core. I still see myself using this system even with Common Core next year.

When does your school plan on solely using Common Core?
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What my point of view on standard core is that building on the best of existing state standards, the Common Core State Standards provide clear and consistent learning goals to help prepare students for college, career, and life. The standards clearly demonstrate what students are expected to learn at each grade level, so that every parent and teacher can understand and support their learning. paid thesis writing in Pakistanwishes you all the very best for your future steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Readers are always admiring informational blogs, and this is truly one of them. You did a great job. If you want to enhance writing skills, Sourceessay.com based assignment writer is the best solution for you. Dissertation writing Service Moscow

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original poster uses this with her students but I think I will just keep it for me. I love this idea because as soon as I print off my lesson plan I can slap the corresponding standard to it and be in my merry way! I'm sure if I continue a standard from the day before I will just note that.
    I think this is great because I can visually see the skills I've taught and still need to hit. It could also be a great pacing tool for some of you out there that may not have district pacing guides. Most students are drawn to these types of articles and information, but they are unable to prepare for their exams, If you have been struggling with your exams and want assistance, students can hire online test taker for me and get higher grades on their examinations by providing them with the best available resources, including quality academic services.

    ReplyDelete